Friday 22 January 2010

Glad to see Munir Hussain has been freed. He should never have gone to jail in the first place. It seems to me that our judicial system ignores the fact that we are human animals and that we do have, and respond to, instincts. When threatened we switch into defence mode which turns to aggression, it's only natural. This man and his family had been threatened, tied, beaten and terrorised. When he managed to get the upper hand he chased the felon and gave him a good hiding. Good for him. As far as I'm concerned I would like any criminal breaking into my house to be terrified of what would happen to him if I caught him. Better still, I'd like him to be terrified of what would happen if the police caught him, but, I 'spose that's a forlorn hope. At least Lord Judge seems to have some idea of the public feeling on this matter. Why do we care what happens to criminals during the course of their criminal activity (I don't but it seems the authorities do)? Surely getting beaten up should be an occupational hazard! Unless you are an experienced fighter, which most of us are not, you only get one chance to have a go at an intruder, who may well be an experienced fighter, so you have to make it count and that means you have to make sure he cannot get up after you have hit him. That's hardly the best circumstances in which to make a proportional judgement on how hard to hit him.

Nice to see the politicians lining up at the Chilcott enquiry to say how much they regret going to war with Iraq on a false premise. I doubt they regret it as much as the families of the dead soldiers! Be interesting to hear what Gordon has to say when he gets there. I expect it'll be something like ''making the right decisions'' or ''doing what's best for Britain'' or something else equally meaningless. I don't doubt Teflon Tone will get an easy ride.

That's it for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment